One of the biggest trends for fall 2016 is the rich and alluring velvet textile. Whether it is a glamorous gown or a minor accessory with some velvet detailing, this fabric will instantly upgrade your look. The drop in temperature makes velvet a great go-to piece for fall and winter. Aside from that effortless elegance that it offers, velvet also provides that extra warmth that your body might need during colder seasons.
This luxurious material can be worn in a variety of ways – from quirky casual to red carpet formal. Because of its versatility, you can easily play around with styling too. For a casual vibe, chokers are the ideal accessory. For something more formal, vintage jewelry would be perfect.
Here are eight gorgeous velvet dresses for fall.
1. re:named ‘Two Fer’ Slit Dress, $57 at Shopbop
2. Free People ‘New Moon’ Tunic Sweater, $148 at Shopbop
3. MISA ‘Carolina’ Dress, $238 at Shopbop
4. Rachel Zoe ‘Kinsley’ Velvet Dress, $525 at Shopbop
5. Ganni ‘Hayden’ Velvet Dress, $440 at Shopbop
6. re:named Velvet Midi Dress with Slit, $51 at Shopbop
7. Little White Lies ‘Cora’ Dress, $106 at Shopbop